Please review these terms and conditions of use carefully before using our Applications and applications, including, without limitation, the following Applications and applications:
This document states the terms and conditions (“Terms”) upon which Open Media (“we” or “us”) will provide service to you on its Applications, applications and related services (collectively, the “Application”). As used in this document, the terms “you” or “your” refers to you, any entity you represent, your or its representatives, successors, assigns and affiliates, and any of your or their devices.
By visiting, accessing, using, downloading, copying, installing and/or joining (collectively “using”) the Application, you express your understanding and acceptance of these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, cease using the Application and delete it. These Terms constitute a binding contractual agreement between you and us. These Terms also contain an arbitration clause under which certain claims may not be brought in a court or decided by a jury, so please read this document carefully.
These terms also include certain liability limitations and legal disclaimers that limit our liabilities. In other words, your use of the Application is at your own risk and we do not assume any liability, or make any warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Application.
1. Eligibility and Accounts
- Use of the Application is not permitted where prohibited by law. Without limiting the foregoing, you represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to international or applicable embargo, or a country that has been designated by the international or applicable law as a “terrorist supporting” country and that you are not listed on any applicable list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use the Application. If you are under eighteen (18) years old, you are not permitted to use the Application and you must immediately cease using the Application, regardless of parental authorization.
- You may be required, from time to time and in our discretion, to create an account with us (an “Account”) to use parts of the Application to its fullest extent. You represent and warrant that all information that you provide to us in creating your Account is complete and accurate. You shall update such information when it changes or when we request. You acknowledge that we may also access, with your permission, personally identifiable information through Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, or other means based on the permissions you provide. You shall not use another person or entity’s Account without authorization or access the accounts of any other person on any other systems. You shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of and restricted access to your Account. You shall be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You shall notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. Pursuant to the terms herein, we shall not be liable for any losses resulting from any unauthorized use of your Account and, in addition to the further indemnification herein, you hereby indemnify us and hold us harmless for any such unauthorized use. You acknowledge and understand that anyone who gains access to your Account will gain access to your all of your data on your Account, including any private content.
- The consideration for your knowing acceptance of these Terms is that we are providing you the Grant of Use to use the Application pursuant to Section 2 hereof. You acknowledge and agree that this consideration is adequate and that you have received the same upon use of the Application.
2. Grant of Use
- We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited right to access, non-publicly display, and use the Application, including all content available therein (the “Content”) on your computer or mobile device consistent with these Terms and subject to the restrictions of the Application. You may only access and use the Application for your personal and noncommercial use.
- This grant is terminable by us at will for any reason and at our sole discretion, with or without prior notice. Upon termination, we may, but shall not be obligated to: (i) delete or deactivate your Account, (ii) block your e-mail and/or IP addresses or otherwise terminate your use of and ability to use the Application, and/or (iii) remove and/or delete any of your User Submissions (defined below). You agree not to use or attempt to use the Application after said termination. Upon termination, the grant of your right to use the Application shall terminate, but all other portions of these Terms shall survive. You acknowledge that we are not responsible to you or any third party for the termination of your grant of use.
- In addition to the terms set forth herein, your use of the Application shall be limited by the rules and features of the Application, which may change from time to time in our sole discretion. You shall not attempt to use the Application in any manner in which the Application is not intended or permitted to be used.
3. Intellectual Property
- The Content, excluding User Submissions and Third Party Content (defined below), but including other text, graphical images, photographs, music, video, software, scripts, source code, and trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (collectively “Proprietary Materials”), are owned by and/or licensed to us. All Proprietary Materials are subject to copyright, trademark, and/or other rights under the laws of applicable jurisdictions, including domestic laws, foreign laws, and international conventions. We reserve all our rights over our Proprietary Materials.
- Except as otherwise explicitly permitted, you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, or in any other way exploit, in whole or in part, any Proprietary Materials or Third Party Content.
4. User Submissions
- You are entirely responsible for any and all materials you download, upload, submit, transmit, create, modify or otherwise make available in or via the Application, including any sound files, video files, or photographs that you create, modify, transmit or download through the Application (collectively, “User Submissions”). User Submissions cannot always be withdrawn. You acknowledge that any disclosure of personal information in User Submissions may make you personally identifiable and that we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for any and all of your own User Submissions and any and all consequences of downloading, uploading, submitting, modifying, transmitting, creating or otherwise making available the User Submissions. For any and all of your User Submissions, you affirm, represent and warrant that:
- You own or have the necessary licenses, permissions, rights or consents to use and authorize us to use all trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or other proprietary rights in and to User Submissions for any and all uses contemplated by the Application and these Terms; and
- You have written consent, release, and/or permission from each and every identifiable individual in the User Submission to use the name and/or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual to enable use of the User Submission for any and all uses contemplated by the Applications and these Terms.
- You further agree that you shall not download, upload, submit, create, transmit, modify or otherwise make available material that:
- Is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or trademark laws, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights, have explicit permission from the rightful owner to submit the material and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein, or have other legal and effective basis to the material and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein;
- Is obscene, vulgar, illegal, unlawful, defamatory, fraudulent, libelous, harmful, harassing, abusive, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate as decided by us in our sole discretion;
- Depicts illegal activities, promotes or depicts physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promotes or depicts any act of cruelty to animals;
- Impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents you in any way, including creating a false identity;
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, a violation of the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law; or
- Is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotion, “spam” or any other form of solicitation.
- We claim no ownership or control over User Submissions or Third Party Content. You or a third-party licensor, as appropriate, retain all copyrights to User Submissions and you are responsible for protecting those rights as appropriate. You irrevocably grant us a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, non-cancelable, sub-licenseable license to reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, adapt, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works of and otherwise exploit User Submissions for any purpose, including without limitation any purpose contemplated by the Application and these Terms. You also irrevocably waive and cause to be waived against us and any of our users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to User Submissions.
- You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to User Submissions. Specifically, you represent and warrant that you have the right to download, upload, modify, access, transmit, create or otherwise make available the User Submissions on the Application, and that downloading or uploading the User Submissions will not infringe upon any other party’s rights or your contractual obligations to other parties.
- You acknowledge that we may at our sole discretion refuse to publish, remove, or block access to any User Submission for any reason, or for no reason at all, with or without notice.
- Without limiting the other indemnification provisions herein, you agree to defend us against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against us by a third-party alleging that your User Submissions or your use of the Application in violation of these Terms infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of any third-party or violates applicable law and you shall indemnify us for any and all damages against us and for reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs incurred by us in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding.
- If you make any suggestions to us about improving the Application or adding new features to the Application, you are assigning to us the right to use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
5. Content on the Application
- You understand and acknowledge that, when using the Application, you will be exposed to content from a variety of sources including content made available on or through the Application by other users, services, parties and through automated or other means (collectively, “Third Party Content”) and that we do not control and are not responsible for any Third Party Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable or may cause harm to your computer systems and, without limiting the other limitation of liability provisions herein, you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against us with respect thereto.
- We claim no ownership or control over Third Party Content. Third parties retain all rights to their respective Third Party Content and they are responsible for protecting their rights as appropriate.
- You understand and acknowledge that we assume no responsibility whatsoever for monitoring the Application for inappropriate content or conduct. If at any time we choose, in our sole discretion, to monitor such content, we assume no responsibility for such content, have no obligation to modify or remove any such content (including User Submissions and Third Party Content), and assume no responsibility for the conduct of others submitting any such content (including User Submissions and Third Party Content).
- Without limiting the provisions below on limitations of liability and disclaimers of warranties, all Content (including User Submissions and Third Party Content) on the Application is provided to you “AS-IS” for your information and personal use only and you shall not use, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license or otherwise exploit for any other purpose whatsoever the Content without the prior written consent of the respective owners/licensors of the Content.
- You acknowledge that we may at our sole discretion refuse to publish, remove, or block access to any Content for any reason, or for no reason at all, with or without notice.
6. User Conduct
- You represent and warrant that all the information and content provided by you to us is accurate and current and that you have all necessary rights, power and authority to (i) agree to these Terms, (ii) provide the User Submissions to us, and (iii) perform the acts required of you under these Terms.
- You hereby expressly authorize us to monitor, record and log any of your activities on the Application.
- As a condition of your use of the Application:
- You agree not to use the Application for any unlawful purpose or in any way that is prohibited by these Terms;
- You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations;
- You agree not to use the Application in any way that exposes us to criminal or civil liability;
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all acts and omissions that occur as a result of your use of the Application;
- You agree that all your User Submissions belong to you and that you have the right and authority to provide them to us and make use of them on or through the Application;
- You agree not to use any automated means, including robots, crawlers or data mining tools, to download, monitor or use data or Content from the Application;
- You agree not to take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive demands on it;
- You agree not to “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone on or through the Application;
- You agree not to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information you transmit;
- You agree not to disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Application or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or which enforce limitations on the use of the Application or the content therein;
- You agree not to post, link to, or otherwise make available on the Application any material that contains software viruses or any computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, destroy, limit or monitor the functionality of any computer software or hardware or any telecommunications equipment;
- You agree not to license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise in any way commercially exploit or make available the Application or any Content to any third party;
- You agree not to “frame” or “mirror” the Application; and
- You agree not to reverse engineer any portion of the Application.
- You may only use the Application consistent with these Terms and any and all agreements under which the Application is provided to you (including, for example, any app store agreement). You assume sole responsibility for obtaining any additional or related hardware or software required for use of the Application.
- Except as described below, you are not permitted to decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse translate or otherwise reverse engineer the Application, use any similar means to discover the source code of the Application or to discover any trade secrets or other intellectual property in the Application.
- You acknowledge that from time to time the Application may automatically check for and install updates on your device. You agree and accept that the Application may make updates without your confirmation or consent. Any updates to the Application will be deemed part of the Application. However, we have no obligation to provide you with any updates to the Application (nor does any third-party).
- We reserve the right to take appropriate action against any user for any unauthorized use of the Application, including civil, criminal and injunctive redress and the termination of any user’s use of the Application. Any use of the Application and our computer systems not authorized by these Terms is a violation of these Terms and certain international, foreign and domestic criminal and civil laws.
- In addition to termination of the grant of use of the Application, any violation of this Agreement, including the provisions of this Section 6, shall subject you to liquidated damages of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) for each violation. In the event that your violation results in legal action (whether against you or against us by any party) or physical or emotional harm to any party, you shall be subject to liquidated damages of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars ($150,000) for each violation. We may, in our discretion, assign any such damage claim or portion thereof to a third party that has been wronged by your conduct. These liquidated damages provisions are not a penalty, but instead an attempt by the Parties to reasonably ascertain the amount of actual damage that could occur from such a violation. You acknowledge and agree that the amount of these liquidated damages is a minimum and that if actual damages are greater you shall be liable for the greater amount. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that these liquidated damages are unenforceable to any extent, then the liquidated damages shall be lowered only by the extent necessary for them to be enforceable.
7. Services on the Application
- You acknowledge that the Application is a general-purpose tool. Specifically, but without limitation, the Application allows you to access media on multiple other platforms and to, among other things, download that media. The Application may only be used in accordance with law. We do not encourage, condone, induce or allow any use of the Application that may be in violation of any law. We explicitly prohibit the use of the Application to download any content in violation of copyright laws.
- To the extent that we may store any User Submissions whatsoever, we do not store any User Submissions for anything longer than a transitory period of time to give users chance to download their content.
- You acknowledge that we reserve the right to charge for any or all of our services and to change our fees from time to time in our sole discretion. If at any time we terminate your rights to use the Application because of a breach of these Terms, you shall not be entitled to a refund of any portion of your fees. In all other respects, such fees shall be governed by additional rules, terms, conditions or agreements posted on the Application and/or imposed by any sales agent or payment processing company, as may be amended from time to time.
- “PREMIUM” VERSION. That which is established in this clause will only be applied to users of the “premium” version of the software. Open Media. declares that the “premium” version of this software offers the following characteristics:
It is free of publicity/advertisements.
It has all declared functions activated.
It allows free updates from the date of acquisition. However the user understands that Open Media does not have the obligation to execute these updates during this time or any whatsoever at any other moment.
Open Media reserves the right to dissolve this agreement with the user of the premium version without previous notice if any of the clauses included in the document have been violated.
- You acknowledge that we may collect and use anonymous technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of updates to the Application.
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that we may access, preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably desirable or necessary for us.
- Email Communication. You agree that Open Media may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Software, other Open Media products and any services or software which may in the future be provided by Open Media or on Open Media's behalf. If you do not want to receive communication from Open Media, you can unsubscribe at any time following the instructions contained in any email received from Open Media or by writing an opt-out request to Open Media at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Copyright Claims
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. You may not infringe the copyright, trademark or other proprietary informational rights of any party. We may in our sole discretion remove any Content we have reason to believe violates any of the intellectual property rights of others and may terminate your use of the Application if you submit any such Content.
- Repeat Infringer Policy. As part of our repeat-infringement policy, any user for whose MATERIAL we receive three good-faith and effective complaints within any contiguous six-month period will have his grant of use of the Application terminated.
- All notifications not relevant to us or ineffective under the law will receive no response or action thereupon. An effective notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication to our agent that includes substantially the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that is believed to be infringed. Please describe the work and, where possible, include a copy or the location (e.g., a URL) of an authorized version of the work;
- Identification of the material that is believed to be infringing and its location or, for search results, identification of the reference or link to material or activity claimed to be infringing. Please describe the material and provide a URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material on the Application or on the Internet;
- Information that will allow us to contact you, including your address, telephone number and, if available, your e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material complained of is not authorized by you, your agent or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that under penalty of perjury that you are the owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work that is allegedly infringed; and
- A physical or electronic signature from the copyright holder or an authorized representative.
- If your User Submission or a search result to your Application is removed pursuant to a notification of claimed copyright infringement, you may provide us with a counter-notification, which must be a written communication to our above listed agent and satisfactory to us that includes substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the courts in the address you provided and the location in which the purported copyright owner is located; and
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the purported copyright owner or its agent.
11. Modification of These Terms
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time by posting such amended Terms to the Application. No other notification may be made to you about any amendments. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE APPLICATION FOLLOWING SUCH AMENDMENTS WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH AMENDMENTS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE ACTUALLY READ THEM.
12. Indemnification and Release
- You hereby agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any and all damages and third-party claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising from your use of the Application and/or from your breach of these Terms.
- In the event that you have a dispute with one of more other users or any third parties, you hereby release us, our officers, employees, agents and successors-in-right from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or the Application.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liabilities
- READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT LIMITS OUR LIABILITY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW (BUT NO FURTHER).
- The Application may contain links to third-party websites or other services which are independent of us. We assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of and make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of information contained in any third party websites or other services. We have no right or ability to edit the content of any third party websites or other services. You acknowledge that we shall not be liable for any and all liability arising from your use of any third party websites or other services.
- The Application is provided “AS-IS” and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We specifically disclaim to the fullest extent any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, information accuracy, integration, interoperability or quiet enjoyment. We disclaim any warranties for viruses or other harmful components in connection with the Applications. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, therefore in such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you or be limited insofar as they relate to such implied warranties.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION, WHETHER, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH DAMAGES ARISE FROM (i) YOUR USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION, (ii) YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT ON THE APPLICATION, (iii) THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION OR COMPLETE DISCONTINUANCE OF THE APPLICATION OR (iv) THE TERMINATION OF SERVICE BY US. THESE LIMITATIONS ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE APPLICATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW SOME LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, THEREFORE, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, SOME OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU OR BE LIMITED.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (i) THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (ii) THE APPLICATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, OR (v) ANY ERRORS IN CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE APPLICATION IS OBTAINED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH CONTENT.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE APPLICATION OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE THE TERMINATION OF YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO CASE SHALL THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF US ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION EXCEED $100.
- All of the above disclaimers of warranties and limitations of liabilities shall be deemed to apply to our parent companies, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, designees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns as well.
15. General Terms
- These Terms, as amended from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior agreements between you and us and may not be modified without our written consent.
- Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
- If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid and unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- Nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- These Terms are not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with our prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction.
- You agree that we may provide you with notices by e-mail, regular mail, or postings to the Application.
- The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- As used in these Terms, the term “including” is illustrative and not limitative.
- If this agreement is translated and executed in any language other than English and there is any conflict as between the translation and the English version, the English version shall control.